Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Ugly Ducking Marionette Move

I took my niece and nephew to see the Chinese Fujian Marionette Art Troupe the other day at the National School of the Arts... a kind invitation from my friend Mark Hawkins - as we couldn't make their proper performances. They were amazing.  Truly wonderful.  My favourite moment was when a troupe of little dancing fat girls as if by magic suddenly became a troupe of dancing princess...  I kid you not.  Before our very eyes.  It was amazing!  Yes - that and the drunk guy picking up and pouring real liquid into a teacup and then picking up the teacup and drinking until he was so drunk he passed out!  Magic before your eyes.  How lucky we were to see them.  Masterful talent.

Photo Credit:  Gregg East

No comments:

Post a Comment