Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Florence

I'm thinking I should have taken Nick's advise with the one line.... Sorry... 'Scuse... do you speak English... could you tell me... what am I doing here?!'

We had our first improv class - I died. They say the death of the 'actor' is worse than actual death - this being that you still walk around with your wounded ego. Sigh. So it begins. I also cried. But a lot of us are doing that. Blubbed more than cried I think. It seams everyone has given up much to live in this impossibly beautiful frighteningly expensive city - Florence.


Our mad tour guide on the day I arrived - I couldn't understand her - even though see was speaking English... I think! x



I live just down the road from this square. I live in Florence - still feels like a lie - or a dream - and that i'll wake up just now.




I spent my first hour in Florence under this faded Mary painting on the wall - standing on the corner - lost - with no phone - hoping I was in the right place - tired from a night thinking the plane was going to crash - it didn't luckily - worrying that i'd be mugged I looked so BRAND NEW - so I took out my iPod and tried to look cool. I don't think it worked. I missed Nick - so I put on my dark glasses so the 'robbers' wouldn't see me crying.


The view from my flat - which I pay far too much for - but there is a view - and it's very sweet - and the window is not tiny.

I'm in Italy - Florence - at acting school - yes this is all true. I have lost sense of time - it feels much longer than it has been... The journey has began. We'll see.

7 comments:

  1. shot babe - fab pics - i see an album developing - am sure in eight weeks you'll feel very differently about all the negatives. stay strong

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very brave! It looks so gorgeous. We really miss you here at home. I remember what Angie said to me when we were in the UK - when you come home, you will see that nothing has changed. Enjoy your wonderful adventure. I am sure you must be missing Nick terribly and your lovely home. Please keep the news and the photographs coming. We love you. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. be strong...LOOK where you are, my god, it's beautiful. It's an opportunity of a life time and Nick's going nowhere, he's here waiting for you. savour it...time will fly. Adelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Jenine - Ren is SO right when she said that absolutely nothing has changed and will change while you are away, so make the most of this precious time! The ducks are still swimming around Zoo Lake and will continue doing so in 6 months time, we are all carrying on with our same old, same old humdrum of daily life and chores, whereas YOU my dear are experiencing the opportunity of a lifetime! Go forth and enjoy every minute, especially as you have the most wonderful, doting, loving and caring husband back home who adores you! We all miss you, but I promise you will welcome you back with open arms in 6 months time and this time apart will make the love that you and Nick have for eachother even sweeter and you will have the fondest hearts in the entire southern hemisphere (and northern too, probably). SO no more crying on street corners sister! Enjoy every minute of this precious time, it will fly by and before you know it, you'll be back to the ducks at Zoo Lake, and us and Nick of course! Thinking of you sweetie, and wishing you lots of love and luck! Big hugs,
    Ange XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. My angel it was not easy to take the step you have so very courageously taken. To jump from your caring, nurturing environment with the people you love around you to where you are now. With each day as you become more familiar with your surroundings, make new friends and become absorbed in the course, you will look back and wonder where the time went. You had to do this, as if you did not you would have always had a romantic idea of what you missed out on. If after 2 months you decide that enough is enough so be it. You will have satisfied yourself that you tried it and it was not for you, on the other hand by then you may love it. My heart aches for the pain of loneliness you are experiencing right now in your unfamiliar surroundings. Know that you are never alone as you are constantly in everyone's thoughts, and we all love and wish you the very very best. So be strong my angel as I know you are, and make the most of every day. For every down there is a very big UP. You are privileged to have a loving, caring husband in Nick, 2 wonderful little souls Amelia and Jack and a beautiful home to return to at the end of all this. You will gain so much from this experience of that I am sure. We love you so much. Your loving Mom XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    Vasbyt, a big step like this will prove invaluable however it turns out - just give it a full go! Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so - how was today? Last night Ella said to me (at 3am - I was sleeping with her in her room). Mom - are all invisable people called God? Me - no, just God. Ella - oh. So who named him God then? Me - I don't know. Ella - Did they just call him God because he is a cool guy? Thought that would make you smile. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kendel FalksonOctober 25, 2010

    Hey ho... all sounding rather "dramatic" hahahaha ... You will be fine - you just will be. Dont try and survive it - enjoy it! Have fun and learn new things. Love you very much.

    ReplyDelete