Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Camera Condensation

I have been in Florence for one week! It feels very much longer... On Monday morning it rained and I discovered I have a leak in my room - right over the only table in the room - right over the spot I put my camera down. So my camera is broken. It won't turn on - the Italians in the camera shop all just looked at it and shook their heads. I am devastated! My camera! So my luck follows me...




These are photo's taken on Saturday while I was walking around by myself after a rather large night on Friday - i'm starting to settle in. The one of the crucifix was strange. I was walking in the center of Florence and accidentally walked through these massive double doors into this church that was totally dark except for the spot light on the crucifix. I sat down for a while and enjoyed the calm that comes in places like these.

The course is cool - we have started clown work - interesting - very interesting - It is so hard to write about it - it will only sound random - so i'll save the detail of that for my diary! But we stared by looking at what story your natural body tells - and it is fascinating. We put on the neutral mask - this is so you cannot use your face to tell a story. Truly it is fascinating.

3 comments:

  1. Oh nooooooooooooo - I can't believe your lovely new camera is broken. That is too sad. The course sounds interesting. I hope you are making some friends that you can do fun stuff with too. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Love. As I said in my E-Mail great great pity about your camera. Maybe the Guys there are wrong and once it is dry it can be fixed, lets hope that is the case. How did your Italian lesson go? not an easy language I am sure. The course sounds very interesting. I too hope that you meet some fun friends. I am off to Bloem for the day to-morrow, then on Monday to Plet for a week. Love you Mom XXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. the course sounds absolutely amazing, they say more is communicated in tone and body than language. such personal insight, besides learning a performance skill...you take such beautiful pictures, so if the camera doesn't fix, unfortunately you need to purchase another...ask the husband to send dollars! xx

    ReplyDelete