Thursday, February 25, 2010

She Dresses

I have a dress! It totally rocks! I'm delighted! I can't wait to wear it. Again I'd post it - but that would be telling. I have a dress from a sensational shop! I have a She Dress! The shop assistant calls all the dresses 'She!' - like they're living and breathing and sighing on the hangers - scouting out the buyers who dare to enter - gossiping amongst themselves about being far to small for that waist line!

'She's a beauty...' 'Oh she's made of raw silk...' 'She goes for quite a lot...' 'Oh she's well she's different...' Could I try Her on please? 'She won't fit - she's from Fasion Week.' Mmmm. I know. That's why I'm on diet! But luckily for us the designer was in the shop yesterday - after I'd tired on all the same She dresses from the day before - the designer burst through the door bringing sunshine with her. Don't get me wrong the assistant is really sweet and not condescending - I just... Well... I was very happy to meet the designer. I continued trying on dresses to various ohh's and ahh's from Renee, Joy - the bridesmaids - and the Designer. If the the dresses were in fact girls - many of them were in stretched agony - begging to be taken off! Raw silk, lace, intricate hand beading, satin... I can't describe how beautiful they are.

Everyone said that when I put it - or Her - on I'll just know. I kept thinking - maybe I do know, maybe this is it, maybe I'm being difficult... But... Too Catherine Zita-Jones... Too Florence Nightingale... Too princess poof... Too bizarre... Too expensive... Too ordinary... Maybe I'm in the wrong shop.

So as we're leaving - there hanging by Herself on the cupboard with no-one to talk to - the one that the day before was... 'oh she's very small...' But today the designer luckily caught my longing glare and must have heard Her (the dresses) silent cry 'Pick Me...' So I tried it on - or didn't try it on - held it against me is a better description for what I did... and placed my order. Even with the fascist diet... She's far to bloody small - he was right. I have a She Dress...

Can you please stop calling it SHE! Okay - I have a dress. A wedding dress.

I have work, I need to do it. But who can focus when you have a brand new friend.

2 comments:

  1. Jenine, your blog is wonderful...you really should come to Scandinavia, I think you would love the home decor here! Keep writing, you are great at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah thanks Gillian! I'd love to come to Scandinavia!!! Where are you exactly?

    ReplyDelete