Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The pirates who stole Christmas

My phone bill came to an astronomical amount over December and January - I think much of it had to do with the fact that I was trying desperately to upload a video that I made with my Niece and Nephew - a task that is still incomplete! But you'd think I was running an empire and not a little blog!

A kind 'reader of queries' suggested that I upload my video to Youtube and then share with Blogger - yes I will do that and thank you stranger and friend. But here's what the phone bill fuss was all over... As an early Christmas present I went to the fantastic Parkview toy store down the road and brought hand made fabric puppets for my niece and nephew... There was much excitement about the little lone parcels under the brightly decorated tree - presents that they could open Right Now - being still 'so many sleeps till Christmas!' With a choice of Pirates, Doctors, Nurses, Goldilocks, the Three Bears, Lions, Crocodile's, Giraffe's... we made made up a story... starring Ella (nearly 5) and Hugo (just 7)... a simple event driven puppet show... this is the first of what is sure to become The Pirate Adventure Series... 'Crocodile and the Three Bears.' Hugo thought up the title and most of the storyline. I just had to remind them about the point of each scene. They drew and coloured in the scenery... The concept of 'rehearsing' was just too bizarre - so total improvisation is the only way to go - I love youth... incorporating dialogue, setting, movement - even a sneaky fart - into what is a divine little story of the naughty pirates who tried to steal Christmas. For our first 2010 adventure - we're planning The Pirates trip to the Moon and Mars!

No comments:

Post a Comment